Don’t you just love a nice little porch to place that good old rocking chair to sip your morning tea or welcome you after a hard day’s work? Well, we all do, so we compiled these quick and easy fixes to perk up your little porch with budget-friendly upgrades.
- Check your porch. Include your porch in your routine house cleaning. The outdoors can be harsh on porches and often leave them dusty, exposed to termites, or rusty.
- Bring your hammer and nails out. Replace those squeaky floorboards or tighten screws here and there. Safety first!
- Add some colors. If you have leftover paints from recent house changes, coat those wobbly railings and faded columns.
- A touch of green. Bring the greenies into the picture. Choose low potted plants and place them on either side of your door. You might also consider putting some hanging plants.
- Let there be light. Replace old bulbs with new ones. Add fairy lights if you’re feeling perky.
Perking up your porch does not need to be complicated. Just choose one of the tips mentioned above, and you’ll surely notice a major difference. You can choose the colors and the design to match your home.